Posted on by
Every day Kent foster carers provide very good care for many children and on occasions this care is exceptional. These awards are an opportunity to recognise and celebrate some of the excellent and remarkable work undertaken by foster carers and fostering staff in Kent.
Who can you nominate?
You can nominate any foster carer approved by Kent County Council or member of KCC staff working within or supporting the service. Your nomination can be for an exceptional piece of work or contribution to a child’s care.
Who can make a nomination?
We will accept nominations from foster carers, foster children, birth children and any KCC member of staff particularly those working within Children in Care Teams, Children with Disabilities Team and Fostering Teams. We encourage anyone who has involvement with a foster carer to make a nomination and acknowledge the exceptional contribution to Kent Fostering.
How will the awards be judged?
There will be a panel of judges consisting of the Head of Fostering, an independent representative, foster carer ambassadors and a senior manager in children’s services. The judges will look for exceptional practice in foster care and particular contributions to services to children by a foster carer or family. The selection of Award winning nominations will identify those who have achieved any or some of the following Award Categories and criteria:-
- New Carers
- Permanency Carers
- Parent & Child Carers
- Sibling Group Carers
- Adolescent Carers
- Short Breaks Carers
- Supporting independence and transition to adulthood
- Moving Children On
- Head of Fostering Award for contribution to the Service.
- Head of Fostering Carers Award for support to other carers.
- Contribution to recruitment of foster carers.
- Kent Fostering Staff Award
- Children in Care Staff Award
- Partnership Award – Staff who have supported carers e.g. VSK, schools or health.
- Exceptional commitment to the fostering task that has shown particular personal flexibility and performance beyond that expected.
- High quality and standard of care provided which is considered a good example of child care/fostering
- Notable involvement in promoting fostering in Kent
- Achieving an outstanding outcome for a child or young person
How do I make a nomination?
Complete the nomination form and send to Chris Clark - Fostering Recruitment Co-ordinator, KCC Social Services, Fostering Team, Kroner House, Eurogate Business Park, Ashford Kent TN24 8XU.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Chris Clark either by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Phone: 03000 415014
Closing Date for nominations is Thursday 31 August 2017