Skip to main content
Making Kent a county that works for all children

Quick Links

Useful Information

Details of websites and links to key information that those working with vulnerable young people might find useful.

Read more: Useful Information

Personal Education Plan

A Personal Education Plan (PEP) is a document describing a course of action to help a child or young person reach their full academic and life potential. It is a legal requirement for every young person in care of statutory school age to have at least two PEP meetings each academic year.

Read more: Personal Education Plan

Post16 Provision Budget

The Post16 Provision Budget (PPB) is for Kent children in care (CiC) and young care leavers (YCL) in years 12 and 13 who are engaged in some form of education, training or employment. It can be accessed by those who are living both in and outside of Kent.

Read more: Post16 Provision Budget

Pupil Premium Plus

The Department for Education (DfE) will allocate to Local authorities a provisional amount of £2,530 per child in Care (CiC) for at least one day, in accordance with the Conditions of Grant 2023-24. The Virtual School Headteacher is responsible for the use of Pupil Premium Plus to diminish the difference and realise the potential for all Kent children in our care, wherever they live.

Read more: Pupil Premium Plus

Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire

Since April 2008 all local authorities in England have been required to provide information on the psychological and emotional health of children in care, and specifically emotional and behavioural difficulties.

Read more: Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire

Kent Pledge

Kents Pledge to Children and Young People Looked After by Kent County Council outlines a number of things they will do to help make sure that their time in care is a positive experience. They recognise that being in care and leaving care isn’t always easy and that it can bring extra challenges and pressures for children and young people.

Read more: Kent Pledge

Criminal Injuries Claims

Find out about the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme and who to contact for more information.

Read more: Criminal Injuries Claims